From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jonathan writes, <>
I'm sure that foxes can and do eat pussy cats, but probably not very often,
not least because a big pussy can weigh the same as a fox - which are rather
slender, delicately built creatures under all that fur. Reminds me of a
friend who often amuses us with his tale of shooting a damn great fox while
lamping, only to discover he'd blasted a particularly enormous ginger
domestic cat, which had to be discreetly disposed of! Years ago I was
interested to see a natural history programme on TV showing nocturnal film of
urban foxes, which included a confrontation between a fox and a cat: the
latter arched its back, fluffed up its tail and spat viciously, causing the
fox to retreat promptly.
Foxes are impressively omnivorous. I've watched one at night crawling on its
belly across wet grass, gobbling worms; seasonally I find scats that are full
of the shiny purple wing-casings of certain beetles; and they are known to
eat fruit as well.
Anthony Harrison

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.