Pain in the arch could be a shoe issue, but maybe a pedal position issue.
You have a new bike and fit could play a role.
Meds are ok for race: IBU or TYL. I have heard of tons of folks using a
IBU/Maalox/etc cocktails prior to races. I have tried none. IBU is good
anti-inflammation in doses of 600mg every 6 hrs. {may need to take it with
food at this dosage; I do} I would start IBU at this dosage. You could
start earlier depending on your pain.
½ IM is going to take you what???? 5hrs 30min???? I suggest you take a
race day dose 2 hours before the start to keep IBU from upsetting your
stomach. That is not going to give you full coverage during the race. It
depends on how you feel if you want to take a does during the race. That
will have to be your call. I am concerned about doing anything “new” on
race day.
Tuff one kiddo!
Best of luck!
Win & La
From: Kinnie Pruden [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 9:53 AM
To: [email protected];
[email protected]; Winslow Rogers
Subject: two questions
Hey, Help!
1) I'm injured! (Race this Saturday!) After biking Friday, later in the
evening and since, I've been suffering from pain in my arch. What possibly
could cause arch pain during biking?
2) If I can race, which med.s are safe to use during the race for the arch
pain; ibuprofen or Tylenol or other? (race is a 1/2 Ironman)
Any thoughts?
kp
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.856 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3161 - Release Date: 09/26/10
14:40:00
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.