On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 21:02:25 +0100, Achim Gratz
> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> > This is a fixed patch for cygport:
> >
> > I'd like to apply alternatives to lua packages to have different
> > versions of lua being installed. But, in such cases, current
> > __list_deps() might pick wrong dependencies.
> >
> > And, this is a patch to add a flag __SKIP_LIST_DEPS_LUA to skip
> > __list_deps() detecting depedency on lua, for the time being.
>
> Your patch is overshooting your goal I'd think.  What you likely want
> instead is to specify which lua to use in setting up the luapaths
> variable so that the correct dependencies get extracted.
>
> > I think it will do no harm.
>
> For a more general facility of suppressing unwanted dependencies see:
>
> https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/83b4df817b81fe39257e59fe882b76ca18a80d7c
> https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/d447a7553d93390f7eb3814216640ea6a2afdd4a
>
> I needed this specifically for being able to split the perl_base package
> off perl and switching from manual to automatic generation of the
> dependency on the perl5_0xy provide.

Thank you, Achim.

I think it is what I'm longing for.
And it works.

What I'd like to do is to have both lua5.3 and lua5.4 be installed, and
alternatives make a symbolic link to lua5.3 or lua5.4  (new packages
lua5.3-5.3.6-1 and lua5.4-5.4.2-1 which I try packaging.
And I'm trying to package luarocks for lua5.3 and lua5.4
(lua5.3-luarocks and lua5.4-luarocks) by a single cygport file.

Regards,

Lem