On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 08:40:33 +0100, Achim Gratz
> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> > * A new source luarocks provides lua53- and lua54-luarocks.
> >   They install rocks into an alternative tree /var/lib/lua-site/.
>
> That looks wrong to me, I'd have expected
>
> /usr/share/lua/luarocks
>
> or maybe /usr/local as a prefix depending on how much emphasis you want
> to put on the user-installable part.  The /var/lib tree is for local
> state information per FHS, not installed components.

Thank you for review.

I've fixed it, so that luarocks should install rocks into
/usr/share/lua/luarocks, and updated packages [1].

* lua53, lua53-luarocks,
* lua54, lua54-luarocks.

[1]: https://cygwin-lem.github.io/lua-cygwin-packages/

And, here is a sample script to see whether luarocks works or not:

--------
luarocks-5.4 install argparse \
&& luarocks-5.4 list \
&& lua5.4 -e 'require("argparse")' && echo OK \
&& luarocks-5.4 remove argparse

luarocks-5.3 install argparse \
&& luarocks-5.3 list \
&& lua5.3 -e 'require("argparse")' && echo OK \
&& luarocks-5.3 remove argparse
--------

Regards,

Lem