On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:13:55PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> One wonders about secret rulings which have never been made public.
> Perhaps the Supreme Court also meets in secret and issues secret
> rulings.

At least in these current proceedings, we'll never know. Since the
federal government is the only party to the proceedings, and since
Ashcroft has pronounced himself satisfied with the results, and since
the target of the investigation presumably doesn't know he's a target,
nobody's going to appeal.

Note also the opinion released yesterday is redacted. For vital
national security reasons, of course.

-Declan