--
On 19 Nov 2002 at 12:02, Kevin Elliott wrote:
> If you read between the lines of US history, you'll discover
> that America did not begin to succeed in the war until late
> in the war when the troops had become better trained and
> disciplined.

This is not my interpretation.  Rather, the American *never*
succeeded in conventional warfare.  The British were able to
march hither and yon, destroying whatever they chose, and
killing whoever got in their way.  However this cost them, and
it did not bring them political control.  After marching up and
down and back and forth, and losing lots of men in the process,
they eventually gave up.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     8rJK0TzKk1D62GWmAZ6vUvsi4CeZZEc5RL+nY/pG
     4uNqMiU5DCnLXIoq1IVsaQobFOgZedKfb3qFuXYdl