On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Tim May wrote:

> Fuck the U.S. Fuck it dead. Do it soon.
>
> This is one of the rulings which completes the shredding of the
> Constitution. Every member of that Court should be killed for their
> crimes against the Constitution.

It's a good thing he was captured by the Feds instead of a militia or a
Private Defense Force of some sort.  Note that such forces are not
required to accept surrenders and can simply kill enemy forces (and
vice-versa of course).  Private citizens are not bound by the Constitution
either of course (it binds only the governments).

The Padilla case will be more important than the Hamdi case because he was
arrested in Chicago rather than Afghanistan.  Under the traditional laws
of war, Padilla (if he is an enemy soldier) could have been executed as a
spy since he entered the country in civilian clothes rather than in
uniform.  All Al-Quida combatants in the US should definitely wear their
uniforms so they can "get off on a technicality" if captured.  I wonder
what an Al-Quida uniform looks like?

DCF