[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Come now. It is not theft if you agree to give the money away, which you
>implicitly do by living in America and being an American citizen. <snip> Or, like
>>me,
accept your fringe status, bow to the majority rule of democracy

If someone holds a gun to your head and demands your money, it's theft, regardless of
your suss on the motivations of thief. Regardless of what the thief does with the
money.
Bowing to the majority rule of democracy is not something we should have to do in a
republic. 51% should not be able to successfully implement a campaign of theft.

  > If every sanctimonious asshole who would steal my money for the sake of
  > the "less fortunate" would simply find one person, just one, and do
  > something to improve that persons life, the so called problem of
  > poverty would be eliminated. But that's too hard. Better to hire a
  > group of mercenary terrorists to steal other peoples money and then
  > dole it out...

  >On behalf of everyone how has done volunteer work:  go fuck yourself.

You speak well for other people. Had your reading of the post been accurate, it would
have led you to conclude that I advocate individual good works, being based as they
are,
on the idea of consent. What I condemn are people who, rather than doing the work
themselves, hire thugs to steal my money to do it for them. People who advocate a
welfare
state don't really give a shit about the poor. They are more interested in feeling good
about themselves. As such, it's never surprising to hear them reciting a litany of
their
good works...

  >I've tutored kids in math and computer programming. I've helped build
  >machines for those kids. I've worked in homeless shelters and soup
  >kitchens. I know all about how messed up our social programs are, and
  >I know how many times they fail .. but I also know how many times they
  >succeed. And yes, I'd like to make those programs more efficient so
  >that they are more successful, most of the time. But while I'm working
  >to do that, I'm sure as hell not going to shut down those centers.

 > that I'm trying to plug the leaks in this boat before we all  drown.

  > Here is a truth that you have failed to consider: Money is the measure
  > of a persons worth to society. It always has been.

>I disagree. Gandhi. Beloved by people around the world, and I doubt it is
>because a handful of books about him were sold.  Einstein. Respected by people >who
don't know the importance of his work. Considered the quintescential   >physicist..
and I
doubt relativity has done much for our economy.

Occasional anomolies don't disprove my submission. I said "worth to society". Michael
Jordan makes more than a schoolteacher because we place more value on the NBA than
reading. A programmer makes more than a shoe shiner because we have deemed that work
more
important.

Xenophon