I feel the same. So far looks like "we dont know who developers are" is the
biggest argument of Jake's camp to stay sort of  reserved.

However, Rotor has been released for Windows in the last 36 hours. Its
currently a pre-release https://rotorbrowser.com/  and cert for auto update
should be fixed soon

It should be no surprise that its carbon copy, and that the project is
genuine, and in its early days.