At 09:26 PM 2/11/2002 -0800, Alan wrote:
>Intel got around the previous rules by having private jets. I have not heard
>if they have had to follow the same silly restrictions since the "Sept 11th
>excuse". (I have not been back to San Jose since last August, which is fine
>by me since it is one of the most BORING places I have ever been. It needs a
>large band that says "Sanitized for your protection" wrapped around the city.)

I've been thing about this the past few days.  From what I've read the
executive jets are not required to adhere to the same restrictions as the
public flights, partly because they are not public carriers.  Shared exec
jet services allow a lower buy-in than sole use at a fixed monthly rate
plus a premium to be paid every time you use a plane.  What if a scheduled
airline was formed that required all passengers to be part owners, just
like a shared exec jet (so they are not public carriers), plus a
competitive fare each time you use one of your planes?  Might it be
possible to bypass all that crap by leaving from the exec terminal?

steve