>At 10:53 AM 2/12/2002 -0500, Riad S. Wahby wrote:
>>Steve Schear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>As to your idea for a buy-in airline, the biggest problem is going to
>>be that you have to have 9 or fewer people on each flight.  Because of
>>that, it's going to be prohibitively expensive (you're going to be
>>investing $5M to $10M on the plane initially, plus operating costs
>>around $1k/hour of flight, if not more).
>
>I haven't worked the numbers but it seems it could be competitive with
>first class.  I'll bet a lot of first class clients would opt for
>elimination of current check-in inconvenience.
>
>steve

TRAVEL DESK | January 13, 2002, Sunday
PRACTICAL TRAVELER; On the Rise: Private Charters

By DAVIDSON GOLDIN (NYT)

LEAD PARAGRAPH - IN the aftermath of September's terrorist attacks, a
growing number of leisure travelers are turning to private planes to avoid
the fears and hassles that many people now consider synonymous with
commercial flights.
Charter companies report business across the board has surged since Sept.
11, with the most notable increases for leisure travel by families and
small groups that had never considered private planes before.

LEAD PARAGRAPH - IN the aftermath of September's terrorist attacks, a
growing number of leisure travelers are turning to private planes to avoid
the fears and hassles that many people now consider synonymous with
commercial flights.
Charter companies report business across the board has surged since Sept.
11, with the most notable increases for leisure travel by families and
small groups that had never considered private planes before.

.
.
.

The Lear 35 jet the Joels took accommodated six people and cost $6,000
round trip, less expensive per person than the approximately $1,155 United
Airlines charges for a non-strop flight to Montreal in first class.

steve