> Tim - I don't think the cowboy (aka Shrubya) knows enough economics to
> realize that, in the long term, income and expenditure must
> be in some kind
> of rough balance.  He's always been able to lean on daddy's money.

I'm wondering whether the successive US administrations are not
increasingly planning to live off the world, by way of their economic
debt. Buy with monkey money, never reimburse. Effectively taxing the
other economies for their expenses.
Though economies might be already too linked together for this to
work fine, as damage to one part of the world's economy will reflect
on others, including the US. Hmm, I think I'll do some googling now...

--
Vincent Penquerc'h