On Sep 14, 2008, at 1:06 PM, John Aherne wrote:

> Seems like my comments are being stripped out somehow. So here is a
> new
> mail.

        The list software strips anything past a quoted footer. So if you
trim your replies to only include the meaningful stuff, you'll have no
problem.

> Glad I can changes things same as any other object.

        There's nothing magical about stuff created from .cdxml files;
they're just normal objects.

> I take your point about using the generated code, And I'll look at
> dForm
> re the menubar.
>
> What I am puzzled about at the moment is how I would reference any
> element in the form. The reason I looked at the generated code was
> that
> I was exxpecting to see a class name I could reference something with.
>
> Am I missing something obvious.

        There are two ways to reference an object. The first is by the dot-
separated containership names; e.g.,
self.Form.dPanel.dPageFrame1.dPage1.dTextBox3. This will work as long
as the names never change.

        The preferred way is to use the RegID property. This must be unique
among *all* objects on the form, and if present, will register that
object with that ID with the form. Then you can reference it as
self.Form.<RegID> no matter where in the form it is located. See
http://dabodev.com/wiki/RegID
  for a deeper explanation.

-- Ed Leafe