Same error even with a lowercase alias. I did the join in a print
button w/c silently failed. To debug, I opened a command window while
the Class Designer is running and I manually executed each line. It
went ok until I reached the execute line for the join.

>>> aliasDict = {"phn":phoneDS}
>>> ds = nameDS.execute("select dataset.fullname, phn.infotext from dataset
>>> join phn on dataset.pkseq=phn.fkname", aliasDict)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\dabodev\dabo\db\dDataSet.py", line 372, in execute
    self._cursor.execute(sqlExpr, params)
OperationalError: no such table: phn

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Ed Leafe<e...@leafe.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:07 PM, tim awa wrote:
>
>> Ops! Some typos in original post.
>>
>> The ff JOIN does not work:
>>
>> aliasDict = { "curPhone" : phoneDS }
>> ds = nameDS.execute("select dataset.fullname, curPhone.phone from
>> dataset join curPhone on dataset.pk=curPhone.fkName", aliasDict)
>>
>> The error returned is:
>>
>> "OperationalError: no such table: curPhone"
>
>        That's odd - I just tried something like this, and it worked fine.
>
>        Do the results change if you use all lower-case names for the
> aliases? E.g.,
>
> aliasDict = { "phn" : phoneDS }
>

> -- Ed Leafe

[excessive quoting removed by server]