I revisited the issue noticing that I had the typo "PhoneDS" on my
original post. Following is the code that i tested:

""""
nameDS = self.PrimaryBizobj.getDataSet()
phoneDS = self.getBizobj(dataSource="public.tblphone").getDataSet()

nameDS.execute("select * from dataset")
phoneDS.execute("select * from dataset")

aliasDict = { "curPhone" : phoneDS }
ds = nameDS.execute("select dataset.fullname, curPhone.phone from
dataset join curPhone on dataset.pk=curPhone.fkName", aliasDict)
""""

I tried again with the above code but still no joy.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM, tim awa<bop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My eyes are fooling me. I am aware of the case-sensitiveness of
> Python. But for some reasons, I was not able to detect it. LOL.
>

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Ed Leafe<e...@leafe.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 14, 2009, at 5:41 PM, tim awa wrote:
>>
>>> I can't spot any difference in the two lines of code that you posted.
>>
>>        PhoneDS != phoneDS
>>
>>        Case sensitivity sucks, but that's the way Python works. Your code
>> mixes the capitalized and lower-case versions.
>>

>> -- Ed Leafe

[excessive quoting removed by server]