On Aug 17, 2009, at 12:30 PM, John wrote:

> I don't recall what it is called but is there an order that events
> fire?  IOW
> is there a list of the order.

        I don't know about a formal list, but the names "GotFocus" and
"LostFocus" are past tense, implying that the change in focus has
already been made before they fire. We've discussed this in the past
when you were looking for an equivalent to the When event in VFP,
which fires when the UI is attempting to change focus and can prevent
that change by returning False. There is no such 'ask permission to
lose focus' event in wx.

-- Ed Leafe