On Saturday 12 September 2009 07:17:46 am Jeff Johnson wrote:
> John wrote:
> > On Friday 11 September 2009 07:03:07 pm Jeff Johnson wrote:
> >> I am using Dabo to access a MSSQL Server and a PostgreSQL Server.  It
> >> was pretty easy to get two connections going.  PostgreSQL is my app
> >> connection.  Is it possible to do a select statement on a table from a
> >> database in one connection and a table from a database in another
> >> connection?
> >>
> >> Here is what I want to do:
> >>
> >> SELECT * from mstable ;
> >>       where not exists(select * from pgtable ;
> >>       where mstable.pk = pgtable.pk)
> >>
> >> The purpose is to find records in the MS table that don't exist in the
> >> PG table so I can add them.
> >
> > IMO - no
> >
> > Johnf
>
> It was worth a try.  ;^)  I am thinking getting data sets from both
> databases and comparing them will do the trick.
>
> Thanks,

That was just my opinion - I could be wrong.  You might want to experiment
with it.  Consider that fact that each bizobj has a possible different
connection.  That means Dabo will use the correct connection to access the
data and put the data into a cursor.  But you are asking the SQL to do the
work and not Dabo.  So how can the SQL be passed correctly to both DB's?

Now working with dataset's is a horse of a different color.  I think you might
get that to work.  In fact I do something similar when I work with DBF's and
Postgres.  I get the DBF into a dataset and work with the data until I pass
it to Postgres via the datasets.

Johnf

Johnf