Adrian:  That is an excellent idea and one I use all the time in my own
tables.  Unfortunately, I only have read access to the MSSql tables.
What I plan to do is only pull records from the MSSql tables since the
last time the import was done - with a little overlap to make sure I get
all of the new records.  Then I will only add new records to the
PostgreSQL tables.

I would like to express an opinion regarding MSSql vs. PostgreSQL just
in case someone might be interested.  I created two databases based on
an actual MSSql database that I will be pulling from in production.  One
in MSSql and one in PostgreSQL.  Other than VFP I have done quite a bit
of experience accessing MSSql but I had no experience with PostgreSQL.
After a couple of days I feel I know PostgreSQL much better than the
other.  It is almost intuitive and very easy to work with (maybe from my
VFP experience).  Because it is open source it seems to be a *lot*
easier to get questions answered.  My analogy would be a Cadillac vs. a
Miata.  One has all of the bells and whistles and the other just plain
works and is a lot more fun to drive.

YMMV

--
Jeff