Ed,

In a recent post you said:

"Dabo is not a web framework like either of those [Django and  Web2py]. Are
you looking to do strictly web development, or are you looking  for a rich
client framework like Dabo?"

I'd like to hear what you mean by rich client here. I've heard of fat  and
thin clients. Rich clients in what sense? Is it rich vs web? Feature rich?
(Clients that pay their bills?)

To run, Python code needs python installed, so I'm wondering how a
python-based framework for web development works. Does the framework translate
code into something a browser can run?

Am I right in assuming that leafe.com screens are written in  Dabo. If so,
through what process is my web-browser able to display them?

This is of interest because several RFP's we've responded to recently have
specified that the application should be "web-based", even though the
application is likely to run on a local network.

Thanks,

Jonathan Poor
Rubin & Poor, Inc.

multipart/alternative