"Rich" is another way of saying "desktop". IOW, apps  that don't run
in a browser.

[snip]

Have you seen my PyCon 2009 talk? It's available  online at
http://blip.tv/file/1947542/

Most of the time  when people say web-based, they mean running in a
browser using HTML  as the main UI. In my talk I tried to present an
alternative  definition that doesn't use a browser, but gives you all
the  advantages of a browser-based app with none of the downsides.

-- Ed  Leafe

Thanks Ed.

Yes I had seen this, and I was thinking of it as I asked my questions. I'll
 take another look.

What are the downsides of browser-based apps?

Jonathan.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---