Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2010, at 4:39 AM, Fraser Burns wrote:
>
>> dLabel - "Show Word Wrap" Attempting to move the slider causes a
>> lock up.
>>
>> fra...@ub810:~/src/dabo/demo$ python DaboDemo.py
>>
>> (python:14486): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt
>> to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17 Killed
>>
>> This error about a widget with a negative value has appeared other
>> times but I figured it was just my code attempts. In this demo it
>> is repeatable.
>
> Can you try something? In your demo directory, edit
> samples/dLabel.py. Change line #82 to read:
>
> sld = self.slider = dabo.ui.dSlider(self, Value=100,
> Continuous=False)
>
> ...and then re-try the word wrap demo. Let me know if you still get
> the app hanging, or if it behaves better now.
>

> -- Ed Leafe

Ed,

I'm on Linux and got the same error message as Fraser.  After making
your change the behavior and error message was the same as before.

I did notice by accident that I don't have to attempt to move the slider
to produce the hang.  All I need to do is click the Show Wrap Demo
button and wait about 10 seconds and the hang will happen. I tested this
with and without the change.

Regards,  Jim