On 2/9/11 7:42 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:
>       Don't get me wrong: I think that this would be a great addition,
> especially for those who want to dig into the internals. I just find that for
> newcomers to the framework, examples and how-tos are much more helpful to get
> them going.

I agree that different types of documentation have different audiences.

API docs start becoming useful after you have a basic grasp and have started
really
coding with the library in question. They stay incredibly useful through the
rest of
your experience with the library, whether you are just using the library or
contributing to the development of it.

Both types of documentation are absolutely essential. One gets people in, the
other
keeps people there.

Paul