Hi,

I re-post the problem because of no-subject in the first and because of some
news.
(question: is possible to change, or add, the subject of a post?)

I'm tryng to develop an application but I'm blocked in a crucial point:
I have 2 database, the first MSSQLSERVER and the second PostgreSQL.
The first operation the user must do is extract a recordset from a table
'ARCDIPAN' in the MSSQL, select some record, then export the selected records
in table 'public.anagrafica' in PostgreSQL.
To consent to select the records I add a field 'PRESEL' to the extracted record
and in the grid I show this value with e boolean editable field. So the user
can select the records.
Than I did re-defined the onSave method in the FrmArcdipan ui class, relative
to the extraction table ARCDIPAN, and write the method to getDataSet from the
biz of the class and try to saveAll in a biztmp defined:
biztmp = dabo.biz.dBizobj(self.Application.dbConnection,
DataSource="public.anagrafica", KeyField="idsessione,coddip")
where the self.Application.dbConnection is the connection to the PostgreSQL db.

The structure of the original DataSet and the destination DataSet are different
so in the method I construct a list (called dsExp) of dictionary, any
dictionary with the structure of the destination bizObj and than I try:
biztmp.appendDataSet(dabo.db.dDataSet(tuple(dsExp)))
biztmp.saveAll()

To do that I did copy from examples found in this mail-list.

Problem! No record is saved. No error message.

I did try in an other way. I did construct the biz object to write with the
class defined by the AppWizard:
bizExp = self.Application.biz.Public_Anagrafica(self.Application.dbConnection)
bizExp.appendDataSet(dabo.db.dDataSet(tuple(dsExp)))
bizExp.saveAll()

Same problem! No record is saved. No error message.

I think I did an error on the structure dsExp: but if I put in the structure a
filed not in the table the program return an error, and if the field exsist but
the value is not of the same type the program return an other error.
dsExp is = [{'field1 name':field1 value,...}, {field1 name':field1 value,...},
...]
and all the fields are present.

I do a litle debug with winpdb: the result is the IsAdding property bizExp of
all the added records is False.
I did allready set self.SaveNewUnchanged = True for the biz.

My configuration is:
Platform: Win
Python Version: 2.5.4 on win32
Dabo Version: Version 0.9.3; Revision ~6449
UI Version: 2.8.10.1 on wxMSW

and the db are PstgreSQL 8.2.5 and MsSQLServer 2008 r2

Any idea is wellcome.
(Apologize for my english...)
Best regards
Enrico Secco