On Friday, April 01, 2011 05:16:53 am enrico secco wrote:
> I start to think to export the data with a 'low level' system. I open a
> simple psycopg connection to insert the data. Could be is un-elegant but I
> resolve.

Should you decide to use direct inserts then you can still do so from dabo.

tempCur = self.PrimaryBizobj.getTempCursor()

tempCur.execute("insert into table (someval,moreval) values (%s, '%s')" %
(codeval,morecodeval))

I'm really not sure why you are unable to save using the standard way.  I have
created similar programs several times having moved MsSQL data over to
Postgres more than once.  One difference is I have always used serial data
types for my PK's.  But I would think you would have seen a different error
message if the PK was the trouble.

Maybe if you provided some of the code or an example of the code we can see
what might be going wrong.

One more thought - are there any triggers, FK's, or indexes that could be
preventing the insert from completing?  I have seen where older copies of
Postgres or Psycopg did not return the errors.

Johnf