On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Ed Leafe wrote:

>  There should only be one active window at the time: the wizard. The
>  buttons are on the bottom right and don't change position, although the
>  captions may change in context. Can you post a screen shot of what you're
>  seeing? You can't send attachments to the list, so post it to any of the
>  free services such as Flickr, tinypic, or whatever, and include the link
>  in your reply.

Ed,

   In the pycon tutorial I don't find how to start dabo to continue
application development. If I use the quickStart() method I'm told the model
has already been created. If I invoke main.py I get an empty frame with
menus along the top. I also see that the directory which I thought I had
specified for the model (../jcmmodel/) has a subdirectory of itself:

[rshepard@salmo ~/biologicalwq/jcmmodel]$ ls
biz/    db/        lib/      reports/    test/
cache/  jcmmodel/  main.py*  resources/  ui/

and

[rshepard@salmo ~/biologicalwq/jcmmodel]$ ls jcmmodel/
biz/  cache/  db/  lib/  main.py*  reports/  resources/  test/  ui/

   I've no idea how I did this while following the step-by-step instructions
in the tutorial.

   Perhaps I should learn how to fix the above duplication first, learn how
to start dabo to continue development second, then address the issues of not
being able to change the widget types (top of page 67) or seeing the three
buttons (Back, Next, Cancel) on the bottom of the window. Perhaps the last
issue will be resolved by cleaning up the directory structure.

   I'll be happy to post screenshots on my web site (accessible via ftp) when
I learn how to start dabo to continue from what I've already accomplished.

Thanks,

Rich