On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Ed Leafe wrote:

>       That would probably be the worst approach. I find it surprising that
>       you don't state what you want, and then immediately assume that Dabo
>       can't do what you want because I couldn't read your mind to
>       determine that you wanted. You asked about the width of the top-most
>       text entry control, and now appear frustrated about the extra row in
>       your sizer.

Ed,

   My apologies, I thought that I did state my desire to continue learning to
use dabo to modify the form I started building. The form has the extra row,
and needs additional controls, but one part of your build-from-scratch demo
at the 2010 PyCon reads that if I click on a control (e.g., text box) I see
a list of other widget types; I don't see that. And, when I use the object
info window to try to resize that widget it doesn't work.

   I tried initially setting up the form using one horizontal sizer and setting
vertical sizers on each side. That did not follow the demo presentation so I
deleted all those and took the defaults by following the text.

>       I'd really like to help, but you appear to be hell-bent on
>       negativity. There is so much that you can do, but you don't seem to
>       be very receptive to learning.

   Sorry you got that impression. What I read in your last message is that
the class designer did it's thing so it cannot be used to modify what it
created. Do I then use ClassDesignerEditor.py or Editor.py to modify the
form? I don't see a FormDesigner.py in the ../ide/ subdirectory.

>       We have built a wonderful community around Dabo, filled with people
>       who want to learn, and others who want to help. I don't get the
>       feeling that you'd fit in very well. Perhaps it would be best to
>       look elsewhere for your development needs.

   Well, OK, then. We miscommunicated because I'm brand new to your tool and
don't see how to do what I need. If that means I don't fit in, so be it.

Mea culpa,

Rich