El 13/09/13 01:06, John Fabiani escribió:
On 09/12/2013 12:29 PM, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
I use a DataStructure, the field "Tarjeta.Foto" is a BLOB field containing a jpg picture. What data type should I put for this field in the DataStructure?

"FullName" is a virtual field which is derived from two fields in "Tarjeta".
    i) Is it ok to put None in the table field of the DataStructure?
ii) Is the VirtualFields way of doing it the best? Or might I have done it some other way? iii) Do I need to addField() "Tarjeta.Nombre" and "Tarjeta.Apellido" in order to reference them in getFullName(), or is there some other way?
Looks good to me. I don't do it that way but I know others do (I believe Paul likes to set the data structure). I believe for a blob it uses 'L'.
Not sure that you can put in the 'None' for the virtual field?

"Tarjeta.Nombre" and "Tarjeta.Apellido" need to be added

self.addField("Tarjeta.Nombre as name")

You said it works - then go with it.
BTW what is this for - are you trying to add some sort dynamic table fields for the data structure - looks like you already added them?

        for field in self.DataStructure:
            alias = field[0]
            tabla = field[3]
            campo = field[4]
            if tabla:
                self.addField('{}.{}'.format(tabla, campo), alias)

Thanks John.
In the for loop I'm just doing an addField() for every field included in the data structure. Is this not needed? Is the data structure enough?