Hi

I have a very similar to demand. I'm already in the second solution.

My basic setup is as follows:

   - I import all my photos on my PC;
   - The root folder of photos on PC is synchronized with my NAS (Synology)
   with BTSync;
   - On my notebook, I created a keyboard shortcut to a script to start DT;
   - This script mount the remote folder in a path identical to the photos
   path on PC, then it starts DT. Thus avoid the permissions problem with the
   auto mount.

Initially I implemented the following solution for keeping PC and notebook
synchronized:

   - I created a share on BTSync between DT configuration folder on the PC
   and in a folder on the NAS.
   - I created a share in the same folder on the notebook.

It worked well at first, but as someone have said is announced disaster. It
turns out that to work properly, you need to ensure that data is
synchronized before running the DT on the other machine and DT should not
be running at the same time on both machines. I do not know what was my
mistake, but on a given day, I lost a few edits I had done.

So I went for a simpler and safet solution. Continued with the basic setup
explained in the beginning and deleted the sharing of the DT configuration
folder.

The new workflow looks like this:

   - I import the photos on the PC and they are synchronized with the NAS,
   which is practically in real time with BTSync.
   - When I want to work in the notebook, just import the film roll folder
   in which desire to work again in the notebook. All that was done on the PC
   is recovered by side cars.
   - Whatever you do on the notebook will be synchronized with the PC
   through the side cars.

In your case, what import the photos in the notebook, just go the other way
and import again the film roll directory on the PC, which will already be
synchronized locally.

Still I have not tested what hapens if TD is running on both machines.
Whenever working on one, it is not running in the other.

It has worked well todate!

[]s
Marcus