Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016, 21:17:44 CET schrieb Georg Troska:
> Hello Hanatos,

Not hanatos, but hi nevertheless. :-)

> I already tried my first importing on the dataset of the last year:
>
> in iPhoto my photos are stored on a yearly basis followed by a daily
> basis (e.g. 2016/31.10.2016/00001.NEF).
>
> So when I am importing the folder 2016 recursively I will get as many
> filmrolls as there are folders in 2016 with the names of the folders. It
> would be very nice if the dates would be replaced by the names that I
> used in iPhoto. In iPhoto these names are stored in a sqlite3 database.
> I think when I would write a small programm I could receive the names
> per folder from that database. But how do I tell darktable "please
> import this folder and use this name"or "please import this folder use
> this name and use this geo-location"

[...]

> When I'm calling darktable using a folder as parameter you say it will
> import this folder. What will be the name of the filmroll? Can I set it
> manually?

For all intents and purposes "filmroll" is just a fancy name for "folder". More
precisely the last level of the hierarchy. So in order to have the filmrolls
named after the descriptions from iPhoto you have to rename the folders
accordingly. If you want to take over metadata like georeferencing I would
create an XMP file for the images before importing them with the data from your
sqlite db. Tools like "exiv2" and probably also "exiftool" should be able to
create such sidecar files for you.

> Georg

Tobias

[...]