Il 13/01/2017 14:24, Christian Kanzian ha scritto:
> frglx was stopped by AMD and AMDGPU-PRO will be the next generation.
> So Debian 9 will be released without frglx. AMDGPU-PRO does not
> support my R9 270X,
> which was announce in December 2013.
>
> Debian 9 has the Nividia 375.26 driver, which still supports my
> old GT 640 announced mid 2012. On some operations the card is slower
> than the GPU.
> Thats why I got the R9 270X in 2015 and in 2017 it will get useless
> because the
> closed source driver has no support and the open source driver has no
> OpenCL.

==Concerning AMDGPU (FOSS driver)==

You are not well informed about that. See official AMD statement here

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/866403-r9-270x-is-there-any-hope-for-amdgpu-support-in-the-future?p=866571#post866571

And keep in mind that OpenCL capabilities are coming into FOSS driver soon.

==Concerning AMDGPU-Pro (propertary driver)==

See compatibility list, they even support R7 260 cards
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-GPU-PRO-Linux-Beta-Driver%E2%80%93Release-Notes.aspx