Am 16.01.2017 um 16:05 schrieb Christian Kanzian:

> Will R9 270X and OpenCL work or not? To me the status is not clear and
> the post dates back to April last year.
>
>> And keep in mind that OpenCL capabilities are coming into FOSS driver
>> soon.
>
> If I buy a card it should work now and not at some point in the future.
> Otherwise I would wait until there is some support and save power and
> money.

The AMD card you would buy IS supported by AMDGPU-PRO (except you plan
buying a card older than your current 270X).

I'm running a RX480 with MESA OpenGL (because, I like open source) and the
OpenCL libs from the AMDGPU-PRO driver (see
http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=2960 )
Darktable works fine with this.

Michael