I use an older Epson R2000 which gives me very good results. For some
time I have used Turboprint on a number of printers, I have found this
to be a better overall driver solution for my Linux needs. Under Linux I
found Epson drivers to be lacking full functionality. Red River paper
provides excellent results at a reasonable price point.

David