Hi,

Am Montag, den 02.04.2018, 15:41 +0200 schrieb Christian Kanzian:

> Looking for a family 'friendly' printer with low ink costs I decided
> to go for a Epson EcoTank 7700 two months ago. It is quite costly,
> but has a second ink bottle set with 5 colors included. A spare waste
> ink tank is also in the package.
[...]
> but it is not forseen by Epson for cheap printers that customers
> maintain the printer by themself.  I liked the idea of refillable and
> replaceable wast ink tanks much more.

It seems like there is at least a replacement waste ink tank
("maintenance box")for the XP-15000, but you are obviously right about
the ink costs...

[...]
> The driver comes with a set of paper presets from Epson and a set of
> sizes.

Thank you for the screenshots. I think I will want to use Epson Premium
Luster for the nicer images. Looks like there is no preset for that,
though?

[...]
> darktable's print mode picks them up from CUPS (see attachments).

OK, so the basics are there...

[...]
> But no matter what printer, driver and paper you will select,
> calibration for your setup will be mandatory (see darktable manual).

I did calibrate my monitor, which has made a big difference... But I
would like to avoid to buy another tool to measure prints. So I'm
interested in readymade ICC profiles for printer/ink/paper
combinations.

Have you tried to use ICC profiles for print output with the Epson
driver? Is that even possible? I guess one would need to pick the paper
type closest to the one being used and "tweak" the input data for the
driver using an ICC profile?

> What doesn't work in my case is the integrated scanner with iscan
> over WLAN.

Scanning over LAN/WLAN is difficult, I think. I have a b/w combi
printer/scanner on the LAN, with a nice sheet feeder and scan button,
which insists on scanning only single pages, and only if the scan ist
started on the PC. I think USB is probably a better choice.

Cheers
Michael