On jeudi 12 juillet 2018 15:10:27 CEST Ben Oliver wrote:
> On 18-07-12 09:05:01, Jason Polak wrote:
> >My first point is that if this 'simple slider' function were made part
> >of dt, it should be easy to deactivate it so that it does not appear at
> >all.
> >
> >My second point is that perhaps there is also simplicity in the way
> >darktable currently does things, and from some users' perspectives,
> >having a 'simple slider' function that links to other modules might
> >actually complicate the UI. Moreover, if a bunch of new users are
> >exposed to the 'simple slider', I wonder if it might make it more
> >complicated for some and easier for others? (In that having two ways to
> >modify an option might be confusing, and there is a real chance of
> >messing up the nice system we already have).
> >
> >Jason
>
> You have verbalised my exact thoughts on this. Could not agree more.

Given the repeated mention of Lightroom in this thread, I wonder how many of
those that want the 'easy' slider panel have been using LR before trying DT.
After all, DT on windows isn't all that old...

And it's very common to feel disoriented when you have to change your working
habits, even when the "new" system is better. That is not to imply that DT's
gui is better (or worse) than LR's, but it is different.