On 18-07-12 07:05:18, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
if you wish a very basic interface in an editor, there are a few that
exist.  you can use the automagic feature in geeqie or shotwell or
ShowFoto.

I think this may be the real answer to the problem. Anything on top of DT's current system would inadvertently add even more complexity to the UI, without a massive overhaul.

And for what gain? To achieve something doable in other programs?

I have also had to process batches of a few hundred photos and I can't say I felt the current system of favourite modules and presets has hindered me too much.