On 18-07-12 09:05:01, Jason Polak wrote:
My first point is that if this 'simple slider' function were made part
of dt, it should be easy to deactivate it so that it does not appear at all.

My second point is that perhaps there is also simplicity in the way
darktable currently does things, and from some users' perspectives,
having a 'simple slider' function that links to other modules might
actually complicate the UI. Moreover, if a bunch of new users are
exposed to the 'simple slider', I wonder if it might make it more
complicated for some and easier for others? (In that having two ways to
modify an option might be confusing, and there is a real chance of
messing up the nice system we already have).

Jason

You have verbalised my exact thoughts on this. Could not agree more.