I connect the camera to my pc (Linux Mint, all software latest version), then unmount the camera form my desktop, then start tethering. I see the first image that is in front of my Micro Nikon lens in Darktable, I can adjust the position of the slide and then hit the Capture button. The picture is taken but I get the message 'Exif tag not found in... ' and then DT freezes.

I've tried several times to get this working, and sometimes it does and I can scan lots if images. But the next time I can't, even after numerous attempts and connecting en disconnecting the camera and restarting the computer.

Any ideas about this?