* Benjamin Daines <ben@digitalsand.photography> [04-06-19 12:51]:
> The issue I'm running into now, with database=:memory: is that if I've
> duplicated an image so that I've got two xmp files for the same image
> (say IMG1.xmp and IMG1_01.xmp), when I close the folder and open it
> again, DT only reads the initial image, not the second version.  If I
> then create a new version, DT immediately overwrites IMG1_01.xmp, so
> unless I've copied all my xmp files to a subdirectory, that work is
> lost.
> It would be best to have darktable automatically create these versions
> when seeing IMG_01.xmp.
> Hopefully that makes sense.
> On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 07:20 +0300, Juha Lintula wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I also use darktable only for image processing and have the same
> > setting as Robert; database=:memory: This setting will always
> > automatically read the .xmp files as you are always starting with a
> > fresh database.
> >
> > -Juha
> >
> > On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 05:20, Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org>
> > wrote:
> > > * I. Ivanov <iv3...@gmail.com> [04-01-19 20:03]:

> > > 18:46]:

> > > on the

> > > to have DT

> > > pretty

> > > me about

> > > are listed,

> > > work has

> > > Because of

> > > after

> > > Occasionally

> > > the xmp

> > > syncthing

> > > multiple

> > > work onprojects, any tips?

> > > photos, I issue

> > > their

> > > changes should

> > > to try it.

> > > experience.
> > >

> > > IF, IF, IF you NEVER run dt at the same time on different machines,
> > > one
> > >
> > > could share the db placing it on networked storage.  BUT NEVER RUN
> > > DT ON
> > >
> > > TWO MACHINES AT THE SAME TIME.
> > >

> Thanks.

try instead, to import the image instead of just reading the xmp file.  I
have not seen that happen to me and I do have duplicate images with
different crops.  it appears your dup images are not being created with
the same filenames reflected by your oddly number xmp files.  but ...

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode