Hi Guys,

I have tried to use the filmic module.

I am very confused at the coloring filmic is giving me - much redder images and reduces the yellow tones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7kvfgm7vggzey1/20150323_060922_9296.CR2?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8enxw2mptakh9bb/20150323_060922_9296_01.CR2.xmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9muec00sjeyw2k/20150323_060922_9296.CR2.xmp?dl=0

It is possible to change the image of course with color correction or something else. But when I compare filmic vs basecurve - the basecurve gives me a color very close to the naturally scene while the filmic looks much redder to me and it is also loosing the yellow hues seen in the golden hour.

I read https://www.darktable.org/2018/12/darktable-26/ and what I am perceiving is that it is targeted to balance the image to avoid over exposure and preserve details. Color can be enhanced / saturated but my concern is the balance. The two results are just too far from one another with absolutely minimum processing.

Can you please point me to what am I missing?

Thank you,