On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, at 16:06, I. Ivanov wrote:

> https://eng.aurelienpierre.com/2018/11/30/filmic-darktable-and-the-quest-of-the-hdr-tone-mapping/
>
> I think I will have to re visit it and study it much more to comprehend
> the module. Apparently there are areas that I am missing.

There's also some good discussion about the idea behind the module, and its
approach to colors at the luminosity extremes here:

 https://discuss.pixls.us/t/filmic-a-personal-view/9990/61

If your goal is to retain extreme golden-hour yelowish casts, you might need to
work somewhat outside of what the author intended the module for. That doesn't
mean you can't still use it, but you'll probably have to counterract some of
what it tries to do by default. Once you develop a good default preset to
replace the basecurve with, it does offer a nice set of parametric controls for
further adjustment when you want it. Again, this is probably not exactly how
the author intended it to be used, so keep that in mind as you find your own
optimal workflow. :)

--
jys