Hi!

Kneops (2019-May-20, excerpt):
> Well, that works and gives me a very very naked exif window 😁

Glad to help you.

> I tried to add another field, but perhaps my way of thinking is
> wrong, I just copied a line and added the title:

Sorry: Please don't send screenshots of code!  Never do this.  Because
I (or any recipient) can't edit that code, nor paste it into my own
code in case I wanted to try something out, nor modify it easily and
send it back to you.  Some people even consider screenshots rude,
because it implies your expectation that they are willing to type code
from the screen into an editor — they are not.  Also, some of us pay
for storage capacity, and images just bloat emails.  For this and
other reasons, sending non-HTML plain text emails [1] might gain you
extra sympathy-points!  Google how to set up your email client.

Short: Just put your code examples into a plain text email.

For your example with `title`: You'll first need to figure out the
correct XMP tag to assign the title to, a list of lists is available
here [2], you are assigning the title to `Xmp.dc.creator` which is
probably not what you want.

Then, *on the command line*, verify that your `exiv2` command has the
desired effect on a test image.

Only as a last step, add the command to the Lua script.  You will need
to restart darktable (or reload the script which involves a whole lot
of extra Lua knowledge).

For anything the slightest bit different from what I've done, you may
need to have some understanding of Lua [3], there are plenty tutorials
out there as well.

If you have come up with an `exiv2` command (or `exiftool` or
whatever) that does what you want, but can't get it working with my
script, feel free to ask again.

Cheers
Stefan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email#Plain_text_and_HTML
[2] https://www.exiv2.org/metadata.html
[3] https://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/

--
http://stefan-klinger.de                                        o/X
I prefer receiving plain text messages, not exceeding 32kB.     /\/