On 1/18/21 2:03 PM, Pascal Obry wrote:
Le lundi 18 janvier 2021 à 13:53 -0800, Niranjan Rao a écrit :
I wouldn't want to comment on other's experience. Here is what I was
looking for and so far I have not found a way to do in darktable. Any
tips/hints welcome.

I was looking for portrait images. I could not find a way to do it in
UI. Darktable is aware of image orientation, but it's not accessible
in
UI as far as I know.
You already got an answer. This is available and is called aspect
ratio. In dt 3.6 there will be even some presets. So before asking for
SQL in dt (which will certainly never happen) please read the doc and
also the reply already done on this thread.

Thanks,

Pascal,

You are one of the developer of the darktable and I respect you for the work you have done. Since i am not a contributing member right now, all I can do is propose the ideas. I have read manual many times and when not clear I have asked the questions and got excellent support from community. I was just looking for a way extending already excellent tool and discussing the ideas.

If you don't think feature is not worthy of implementation, we can drop the topic, no worries, but language like "certainly never happen" feels like not considering other ideas without full consideration or reasoning behind it.

After I refresh my C/C++ skills, skills used long time back, I might create a pull request with my ideas for your consideration, my idea of what can be done. You don't have to accept the pull request, but it will give me some satisfaction of taking some action and not just talking.

Thank you for the hard work and a excellent product.

Regards,

Niranjan

Niranjan