From: KOVÁCS István <k...@kovacs-telekes.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 19 January 2021 4:59 PM
To: Darktable Users List <darktable-user@lists.darktable.org>
Subject: Re: [darktable-user] Best way to tag image from command line?

> I was looking for portrait images. I could not find a way to do it in
> UI. Darktable is aware of image orientation, but it's not accessible in
> UI as far as I know.

You're right, there's no way to filter based on the camera's rotation
sensor. But we do have something better, that takes cropping into
account, too.
In collect images, open the dropdown, and select aspect ratio:
http://tech.kovacs-telekes.org/files/2021-01-19-darktable-aspect-ratio/1-collect-images-capture-details-aspect-ratio.png<http://tech.kovacs-telekes.org/files/2021-01-19-darktable-aspect-ratio/1-collect-images-capture-details-aspect-ratio.png>
Choose one that you like, or use > 1 to filter for landscape:
http://tech.kovacs-telekes.org/files/2021-01-19-darktable-aspect-ratio/2-aspect-ratio-greater-than-1-landscape.png<http://tech.kovacs-telekes.org/files/2021-01-19-darktable-aspect-ratio/2-aspect-ratio-greater-than-1-landscape.png>

I explained the same on the 16th, Bernard on the 17th, then both of us
again on the 18th, including screenshots.

Kofa

This email is confidential, and is for the intended recipient only. Access,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone outside
the intended recipient organisation is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of the
University of Tasmania, unless clearly intended otherwise.