Because of several comments and the general tone of the posts by Robin
Mills (and some of the current contributors to exiv2) on PIXLS.US during
the last year, which I won't link here. The two linked discussions were
meant to show that there are people working on exiv2, and that although
Robin's retirement will be a huge loss for the project, it doesn't mean
exiv2 is dead.
Regards,
Guillermo