Hi,
    it is very easy to order the pipeline. The developers have determined
the way they feel it works best for most workflows, but I find that at
times I want or need to reorder the pipeline. It is so easy. Just use Ctrl
+ Shift to drop and drag the modules. For instance when I use Filmic RGB I
often want to do a final adjustment with the RGB curves tool, so I just
drag it above Filmic in the pipeline. I never want to have RGB curves
before filmic but that is where the developers have placed it in
their wisdom or oversight. But Darktable gives me the chice to change it
and this is a strength of Darktable that leaves other programs for dead.
However, understand that the developers have put thought into the order to
achieve usually the best results so reorder the pipeline with caution.
However it can be changed. Kudos to the developers for not locking us into
a fixed workflow and pipeline. And yes they can be reordered before they
have an effect on the pipeline. All I can say to anyone is that Darktable
is one incredible and fun program to learn.