> Hmmm, disabling opencl didn't seem to help....

That was just a blind guess from my own experience. But after all, I'm
using Arch Linux (with very frequent new versions of everything)
but you are on a stable distribution...

However, my next test would be to start from a clean darktable-
profile, as I read several collection/database related calls in your
backtrace.

> #4  0x00007fdc96ec263c in dt_cache_get_with_caller () at
> /usr/bin/../lib/darktable/libdarktable.so
> #5  0x00007fdc96f38252 in dt_image_cache_get () at
> /usr/bin/../lib/darktable/libdarktable.so
> (...)

Maybe you've already tried that, but if not, here's how to do it:

$ darktable --configdir /path/to/temporary/configdir

This will create a new default profile at "/path/to/temporary/configdir"
and should leave your working profile alone. But you do have a backup of it,
right?!

If darktable now starts with it's defaults settings, something with
your config and/or image database is fishy...