Clifford,

> > This would return a Collection that when lazy-loaded would run a
> > *single query* on the datastore.  That's pretty *huge* IMHO.
>
> Yeah, it's big... but isn't it what Sequel has been doing for, like...
> ever?

Hehe.  You are probably correct, although I can't find any similar
examples for Sequel in it's docs or when I google it.

Either way, the hard part wasn't necessarily constructing the SQL
queries, the hard part was making the API such that subqueries would
be possible with RDBMS' that support it *while* also not tightly
coupling DM to how RDBMS' work.

If DataMapper only had to support RDBMS', everything would be much
simpler and we would be doing this forever too :P

> Cool stuff anyhow. I have the vestigial structures in place to build
> it for ActiveFacts also, with a few interesting twists of my own.

Cool! I look forward to seeing it.

--

Dan
(dkubb)