On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:

> Anyone know what the accepted procedure is to change the name of a
> module? I presume I just have to talk to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] guys,
> for the CPAN portion of this. But with regard to changing the name of
> a module in such a way that folks using the module don't suddenly find
> that their code does not work any more.
>
> Not that millions of poeple are relying on Date::Discordian ...
>
> The name changes would be:
>
> Date::Chinese -> Date::Calendar::Chinese
> Date::Discordian -> Date::Calendar::Discordian
> Date::Doomsday -> Date::Algorithm::Doomsday
> Date::DayOfWeek -> Date::Algorithm::DayOfWeek
> Date::Easter -> Date::Algorithm::Easter
> Date::ISO -> Date::Calendar::ISO
> Date::Leapyear -> Date::Algorithm::Leapyear
> Date::Passover -> Date::Algorithm::Passover
> Date::SundayLetter -> Date::Algorithm::SundayLetter
> Date::ICal -> Date::Calendar::ICal

So, I get the impression that Jarkko is not terribly thrilled with
this sort of name change, which, along with the fact that I have been
rather buried in other things, is why I have not done this yet. I did
not follow the entire conversation on P5P, or wherever that was. What
was the final decision on this? Is this something we want to do?

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go