On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Ilmari Karonen wrote:

> I did indeed read the entire thread.  But as my mailreader doesn't
> really do threading, I may have become confused while doing so and
> perhaps picked the wrong message to respond to.  I apologize if this is
> indeed the case.

And I'm sorry for being snippy.  I think I've sent too many messages here
in the last week (140 or so at last count).

> Apart from the wordiness, I really have no objection to the former
> syntax.  More importantly, it occurs to me that if we go with the former
> syntax (or any of its proposed variations), support for the latter could
> be easily added later, should it be found desirable after all.

Where it stands now is:

  my $foo = DateTime::Formats::Foo->new( ... );
  my $dt = $foo->parse( ... );

or for some formats (like ICal):

  my $dt = $foo->parse_datetime;
  my $dur = $foo->parse_duration;

  print $foo->as_datetime( ... );
  print $foo->as_duration( ... );

But year, I realized there's nothing stopping me from implementing the
"stick methods in DateTime" namespace thing later.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com