On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, John Siracusa wrote:

> > That's a nice idea, but people may want to use these modules without using
> > DBI
>
> And so they can.  What's stopping them?

Nothing.  I'm just saying that the API needs to work both for standalone
use and for use by the DBI modules.

> > and I have no control over the DBI/DBD modules.
>
> No, but if you ask nicely... :)
>
> > Once the DateTime suite is more advanced, I'd be happy to work with Tim Bunce
> > and DBD module authors on integrating DateTime support into the DBI, if
> > there's interest from that group of folks.
>
> I'm thinking that asking sooner is better than asking later...

Actually, we have one DBD maintainer on the list, David Wheeler (DBD::Pg).
He might be a better person than I to start a discussion about this on
dbi-dev.  I'm on that list, so I'll chime in as needed.  But given that
things are in quite a state of flux at the moment, I'm not sure it's time
to start discussing it.  I think after the first release of DateTime.pm
and associated modules (which I expect to happen within 4-6 weeks or so)
we can start talking to them.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com